American Boy: 93

Friday, July 09, 2010

Take me on a trip, I'd like to go some day
Take me to New York, I'd love to see LA.
I really want to come kick it with you.
You'll be my American Boy.


Thursday, we are going to visit one of Diana's schools today! We went to the AIB, or Art Institute of Boston. It was small, boarderline cramped, but I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. It was only us and another family, giving lots of opportunities to ask anything. We also went through the entire facility, and then most of the second facility. The tour guide was a good speaker.


While we were waiting for the tour to begin, we went to the local Barnes & Nobles cafe, Starbucks, and got ourselves breakfast. One scone, two Lemon Baby Bundts. My bundties! I freaking love these things. Plus a water, a tea, and a mocha frap.

Afterwards, we got lost by the extremely confusing street signs, that is Boston. God. Why would you label the streets in awkward places, instead of simply labeling the crossroads? I don't even!

Finally made it to the bridge, just decided to walk instead of board a bus, since we already walked half the distance. It was so gorgeous, I wish I was a better photographer, though.

Went and got lunch before the tour, Mimi ate with her friend who is getting his Masters and Ph. D at Harvard in Biology. Got Thai food, unknowingly got the same dish as the other day! It was much, much more spicy though. :( I couldn't finish it.

MIT. I loved both the infosession and the tour! Learned a lot, covered most of the grounds. My attention was easily kept. c: I think I'm in love with MIT... Hahaha. (: If I went as an undergrad, and Mimi went as a grad, that'd be so legit, fammmm!

Back to the bus, it was so crowded, omga. ;___; I sat next to some quiet white dude, and Diana sat in front of me, next to a greasy man, with too long hair.

The quiet white dude was a French student studying abroad. He was going to Princeton to studying in the lab with some famous Ph. D man that I do not know of. He was reading small print about neuroscience for most of the ride, but was super nice, hahaha. But I couldn't understand half of what he was saying. ;___; Talked a bit, he was so geeky and precious.


Also, Diana is a creeper.


Back home in New York, the city night lights open up another universe. I love this city so much. If there was anything I didn't like, would be the fact that it smells horrendous in various nooks and crannies of Chinatown, and that if I was ever to drop something on the ground, I would most likely leave it there, in fear of catching various rampantly violent diseases from the unsanitary realm of the New York ground.

Back to Mimi's, feels like it's been forever. It was much cooler than it's been for the past couple of days, feels fabulous.
A much needed shower, followed by Zombieland. I really like that movie, it's extremely scary, but extremely cute. Haha.

I will fall asleep much easier tonight.
Metropolitan Museum of Art tomorrow.

0 replies:

Post a Comment