Light Reading: 108

Friday, July 23, 2010

I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend,
you've closed the book on your end.
If you pick up, pull out, does it have to be now?
I tear out those last few pages, less time; more places.



Katherine's house today. I felt bad for making her dad drive me everywhere, so I had momma drop me off on the way to work, which was at like, 6:30AM? I felt super bad for waking her up so earlyyy! Went straight to her bed, and tried to sleep, but we were both too awake to snooze.

We had breakfast of chips. She had these funky ketchup flavored french fries chips! They were amazing. And Veggie Tales fruit snacks. I liked the red ones, and the blue ones. Delish.

We talked for a while, I gave her the NY goodies in a Barnes & Noble's bag I had laying around. "You got me books?!" Haha, silly billy.

We got more snackers and went to the living room to watch some tv. Watched Four Weddings, and we transformed her couch into a bed. We finally took our needed snoozes, slept from 11:00AM-1:30PM, roughly. Feeling refreshed, we ate fruit, and headed to the pool.

It was super humid, but it was nice. After serious talks about birthdays and such, the water became the comforting, warm environment we wanted to be in. The air was cold and unwelcoming. There was a wild bunny hidden in one of the bushes, it was super cute.

Falsies! I hope Katherine likes them, I'm thinking about getting them once I run out of my Lash Blast.

We brought snacks because we're fatties. She had to use the ketchup towel, haha. It was totally fine, no visible ketchup, but this silly girl.

We got back, we made Cherry-Watermelon Kool-Aid! Deliciously artificial. (: It was a bit watery, though. Then we baked Blueberry Muffins, but her Chef of a father sprinkled on sugar, topped with fresh blueberries. Delicious! We creeped on FaceBook, always fun.

Back to Katherine's room, we painted our nails. I had Round 2: Laura Vs. Matte nail polish. I think I won this time, my nails are now fabulously matte. Toenails are pretty and bright Barbie blue.

Dinner! Her dad makes yummy food. We had a Parmesan Tomato Chicken, with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Asparagus. I hate Asparagus. I said it was all good though, and forced Katherine to eat my portion. She ended up making her father eat it, ah me. It was increds delicious besides the stick vegetable of doom. I don't think I've ever appreciated mashed potatoes more.

Watched Grey's Anatomy, and FaceBooked some more. Her dad made us Mixed Berry Smoothies! It was delish, too. I like going to Katherine's house just to eat food, if nothing else. (: Just playin' I lurve hanging out with Katheriners.

Back to her room, we attempted to prettify her Doorstop, with her paints and my expertise, but my Advils from the morning were starting to wear off, and I was in pain something fierce. Cramps are the bane of my life. I was pretty much a party pooper, buzzkill with my pain induced negativity, and lack of enthusiastic assistance. But it was all good. Katherine made a copy of my World History Book list, and she made me a copy of her AP Books list. Fab, I had a Middle School version of one of those last summer, but not this summer.

However, I forgot both the papers and my earbuds while I was getting two Blueberry Muffins for the road.

Laura, you would.

I'll be swinging by and getting those tomorrow morning on the way to work. And this time, I won't be waking Katherine up, since she'll be getting ready for her library orientation.

Showering for the first time with my own bath caddie, more excited than I should.

0 replies:

Post a Comment