The Curse Of Curves: 91

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I've got the gift of one liners
And you've got the curse of curves
And with this gift I compose words.


Tuesday! I'm forgetting what day it is because it feels like everything is so crowded and fast paced. I think it's the NY pace, people do things just to be busy, here. I feel like it's rubbing off on me. Or rather, dripping onto me. I've been sweating more than I have ever sweated at a track meet, or even practice! And I barely sweat, compared to everyone else.

Despite what Mimi may say, no one here is fat. NO ONE. Compared to Texas? Man. People here walk miles just to get to the subway, work, or just a place to enjoy brunch. And all of this is evidently not enough for her, my genius cousin. She went to the gym today, I was like, why would you want to exercise even more... Texans exercise by picking up the remote to watch the final game of whatever sports season it happens to be.

This morning we came out a little later than planned, for me, Auntie, and Diana. We went to the subway, and spent about an hour in there, anxious. or maybe I was the only one anxious. Who knows.

Upon arriving, I felt like I wandering into Eden's Garden. Or whatever it's called, Religion is my weakest point in history.

Everything was GREEN. Apparently the Columbia grounds are the biggest plot of green land in NYC, aside from Central Park. Or at least, something among those lines. Anyone who already knows this would understand the message I'm trying to convey to the people who don't.

The interior of the ex-library was so miraculous and huge, it was so super surreal, that I have to use the word, 'super'. There was some kind of grammatical error in there that I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.

The tour was long, and in the hot, blistering heat. The tour guide was really good; she was extremely informative, but funny enough to keep me paying attention. Haha, James Franco, and the unfortunate engineers. I actually learned quite a lot, but I won't type down all the details. Just go to the Columbia tour yourself, internet creeper.

The tour took a half hour or so longer than expected, but it was alright. Met back up with Mimi and went to a new Thai restaurant. Wondee Siam, was the name. I was especially nervous, since I've never had it before, and I dislike Vietnamese food a lot. I was probably more worried than I should have been about disliking, and refusing to eat the food. The Thai was surprisingly good; I had Pad kee mow, it was a spicy FAT noodle with pork and broccoli, cauliflower, chinese broccoli, spinach, and some carrots. It was very tangy- just the kind of food I enjoy the most.

Afterwards, we went back to Columbia to listen to the Information session, just me and my aunt. Diana and Mimi stayed in the bookstore/giftshop, and read. Diana was reading that horribly scary book, It. Yeah.

Pinkberry was the next stop. It was basically another version of Yo-Yo's? I guess. It was really good; we all shared a large original, with toppings of raspberries, strawberries, mangoes, almonds, and blueberries.

Went back home after Pinkberry. Had an engaging conversation about my slightly far off future, and colleges' admissions in general. Diana took a nap.

Home, ate some makeshift nengmyun. It was better than expected, again.
Overeating Diana at for lunch, and dessert! Wow, maybe I'll grow. Or not. I didn't really overeat at dinner, but I wasn't full when I finished, for whatever that's worth.

Watched Up with Diana and Auntie, Mimi went to the gym because she's a crazy person.
Watermelons were watermelonicious. The peach was peachalicious.
Oh, my ever expanding vocabulary. I'm going home and looking up some study guides for SAT vocabulary. Like, no joke.

Straying from the topic of packing for the Bostonian trip early tomorrow morning, Mimi got out old bags and articles of clothing she no longer needed/wanted/could wear. I got a lot of bags that were bagalicious. And a super fly silk jacket.
It was so super fly.
Super fly. I can't see how people could ever say those two words consecutively outloud in a sentence of admiration.
There was a pair of chic grey heels I could not take, because of my petite feet. My soul was in pain, but the rest of the stuff I got made up for it. There was so much, I can't even describe it all, because my brain is now mush.

Mimi has discovered my H E L L O K I T T Y obsession, and decided to give me and Diana some super fab stationary. Diana took the pink Pucca I wanted. Poop. But I got H E L L O K I T T Y goodies, so I am content.

Boston tomorrow, leaving at 7AM, and staying overnight. Yay.

Diana is an angsty bunion face.

0 replies:

Post a Comment