Don't Trust Me: 38

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Black dress with the tights underneath,
I got the breath of the last cigarette on my teeth.


This Friday, I woke up at the same time as always, despite my coming to school an hour earlier.

My neighbor, Grace took me to school at 8AM, to go to the HSA Officer meeting. Presented Grace T.' s idea of splitting the Treasurer and Secretary position, success!

Still running for PR, walalala.

Took a lot of pictures at the A&M Field Trip! It was totally dominated by freshmen. We were separated into 3 groups, and after the orientation, we went to 4 rooms. 

First we went to the room where we practiced lifting a patient (Grandma) into the wheelchair. I was Dr. Chang, with my assistants, Dr. Ramos, Dr. TiFton, and Dr. Klumpp. After that, Dr. Dang and her assistants lifted the patient, Mr. Hocher. 

Then we went into a room with 4 patients, a Caucasian male, an African American female, another Caucasian male with gangrene, and a child. We worked on the female. We practiced suctioning, administering the nebulizer, and using both the oxygen mask and tube. 

Luego, we went to the Labor & Delivery room, where the mannequin, Noelle, was giving birth. Watching her breathe and talk was so extreme. 

We all took turns feeling her cervix, where the baby was crowning. Caleb delivered the child, where I cut the umbilical cord. I forgot about clamps and (theoretically) killed the mother once, and the child twice. 

Then we went into an OR where a patient was  getting some sort of surgery on his ankle done, my group missed the beginning of it, so I don't know exactly what the procedure was. Then we went into a large room, where we filled out a survey, and rolled around in magnificent chairs. It was fantastic, I took loads of pictures.

Then we left, and I went to Mrs. Moore's class to take her Unit 6 test. It was difficult, not gonna lie. I think I did good, though. I forshure missed one problem. I'm not quite sure if I missed more than that. I got all the bonuses, though. Which is good. 

Biology test was a hot mess, haha. My phone went off twice! I forgot to turn it on silent after the A&M Field Trip, since we were supposed to leave them on in case someone got lost. The brain teasers after that was most enthralling.

Went on by bus, I feel really exhausted when riding the bus now. I just nap and listen to music. Doesn't feel like a Friday, but who knows.

0 replies:

Post a Comment